Studio Policies & Terms
- The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in-person design consultation and viewing/ordering appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of booking your portrait session. Session fees are non-refundable, however, with 48 hours notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
- If you have a sick child on the day of the session, please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, we will most likely request that you reschedule if we notice you child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he/she was in good health.
- Please do not bring extra people to the session. Although we love grandma, especially with children, we need their full attention. Other family members can be a distraction.
- You will view your portraits at a personally attended session. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a $100 fee.
- While we do capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by us for previewing. We carefully render each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from the archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete.
- Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab, it is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made in cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Design work and custom graphics will be approved for color and layout in person on our professionally color calibrated monitors. Only font style, spelling and wording may be approved through electronically emailed proof. Requests for reprints due to color shift on emailed proofs will not be honored.
- Please allow 4 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. If you are unable to pick up your order, we can ship it to you for an additional charge.
- All ordered images are kept on file for 1 year. Images that are not ordered are removed from the archives after 30 days. Reorders placed more than 60 days after the preview appointment require a minimum $150 reorder.
- The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include but are not limited to making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy, manipulate or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of the Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, as photographer, we wish to maintain complete control over the print quality, finished and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and mar our reputation for providing superior portraits. We do not guarantee print quality from any digital files not produced at our professional print partners.
You agree to hold harmless, Brenda Jankowski, her representatives, employees and brenPhotography, from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. brenPhotography and its representative will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.